A baby monitor is a small device that you can use to listen in on your baby. It lets you hear the sounds of your baby while they are sleeping.
The main purpose of a baby monitor is to help you stay connected with your child during the night, so that you know if they are okay or not. In addition, some models will let you see what's going on in their room as well.
There are several types of baby monitors available on the market today:
1) Infrared (IR) cameras: These devices use infrared light to detect movement in the room and record it onto an infrared receiver attached to their parent unit. This method works best for dark conditions such as nighttime or when there isn't enough light in the room for an optical camera to work properly.
2) Optical cameras: Optical cameras use visible light from the parent unit's display screen to detect movement within their range (usually about 15 feet). They're less expensive than IR cameras but also less effective at detecting movement because they don't have any extra features like night vision modes or infrared flash illumination lights that IR cameras have built-in.
Tips For Using A Baby Monitor With A Camera
There are a lot of ways to use a baby monitor with a camera, and it can be a little confusing. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Use the monitor's microphone to hear the baby's cries. If you're not close enough to hear them yourself, set up the monitor so that you can hear any sounds coming from your baby or other room.
2. Use the monitor's speakerphone function if you want to talk to your baby while he or she is sleeping. This may be useful if your partner is away from home or otherwise distracted during night feedings.
3. Use different monitors for different rooms in your home -- one for each room where there might be noise from pets or other sources of background noise that could interfere with hearing your child's cries through his crib or stroller (or anywhere else).
What Age Should You Use A Baby Monitor?
The best baby monitors are designed to be used from birth to 3 years old. You can use them for longer than that, but the quality of the sound and video will decline with age.
The best way to figure out what age you should start using a baby monitor is by thinking about how long you want to use it. Do you want to be able to see your child at all times? Or do you want to be able to check in on him or her when he or she is napping? If so, then a good quality audio baby monitor might work best for you.
If you're looking for a video monitor that can be used later on down the road when they start walking around freely (or even while they're sleeping), then consider getting one with infrared night vision capabilities instead.